CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Halloween at Disneyland



Monday, April 21, 2008

Mommy's Nightmare!





so, I knew that being the mom of two super active boys would mean accidents and I have been dreading the day I would have to see my own baby bloodied and hurt. On saturday Hayden was playing with Quinn and our little neighbor Adin and Quinn and Adin were driving in his little golf cart lookin thing and Hayden was playing basketball. His ball rolled down the driveway and as he ran to get it he ran right into the path of the golf cart!! It knocked him down and Adin didn't stop pushing the gas pedal and ran over half of Hayden's face!! Thank goodness mom was inside at the time! I'm so glad I at least didn't have to have the mental picture of a car on my sons head! Well, it knocked out one of his teeth, the one right behind the spiky tooth on the top. I was glad it wasnt his front tooth! The tooth came out root and all and it was HUGE! Hayden is such a champ, he cried for a while when he was still really bloody, probably mostly because of me and Adin's mom freaking out! Adin's mom is 8 months pregnant and I felt so bad for her because I knew it was bound to happen! Both my boys have 4wheelers and drive pretty fast and jump off the driveway and stuff. She felt so horrible that her kid hurt mine. It was so awful! Hayden has the most swollen lip I have ever seen! He looks like he is on the Grinch with Jim Carrey and he is in his who make-up...minus the big teeth! I feel grateful that it was only half his head, not the whole thing or any compact fractures or brains. But it was still pretty horrible. That is like my biggest fear! My poor kids being hurt! Now I know how my parents felt when I tore a hole in my thigh rollerblading and my poor dad had to leave the room while Dr. Hirsche pulled glass and rocks out of my muscle lining! He had to get oxygen! I totally needed it on saturday! I'm so scared of what will be next! I hate knowing I have no control over it and I just have to deal with it the best I can. Since I have had so much trouble with my health for so long I am terrified of all things medical. Well, anyways, it could have been so much worse and I'm so thankful he is ok. He was back on his 4wheeler the next day. I'm the only one who is still freaking out!!! He's like 'back off mom, I'm fine. You are acting like a freak! I can only eat so many popsicles!'

13 comments:

liz said...

Hi Karen, I haven't seen you forever it was fun to check out your blog. What a cute a family. Your boys are darling and of course I remeber 2 Karens, 2 Lizs and 2 Jessicas, ha.

hollie said...

Poor little man! Can you only imagine what the future holds? At least we will have each other...all these little boys! I hope that you and he are doing okay!

sillyhaywardfamily said...

Oh that is so sad!! Well at least it wasn't his adult tooth!!

Tyler Kearl said...

Hi Karen,

Great to see pictures of your family! Cute kids. It is really cool to see where everbody ended up after the good old High School years.

www.mamapenuer.blogspot.com

Take care!

-Tyler Kearl

Kass Martin said...

That is so heartbreaking. I know the feeling where you get overwhelmed with the responsibility of being a mom. I cry b/c I get overwhelmed with all the things that could happen, will happen and didn't happen. The what ifs and could haves kill me. Anyway, I am glad that it isn't worse. Your kids are beautiful. I love the long hair. You're a star! (thinking of THS dance team right about now? Brian loves U2 and I always think of your dance to star when I hear it) :)

Hannah Ashmore said...

another reason i am not ready for mommyhood. i would have a complete panic attack. hope he feels better.

Jewels said...

Hey Karen - Not sure if you remember me, found your blog on the reunion site. Your boys are so cute! I have 2 boys, also. I totally know what you mean about being nervous when they get hurt! Ugh, it makes me sick to my stomach! Your poor little dude, he sounds really brave, though! I guess that's just what happens when you have sons. Guess we have some bright futures ahead of us, don't we!

Love your blog, you look great!

Tiffany said...

Oh Karen I'm so glad he is ok and that it was only a tooth and nothing else. I got anxiety just reading your story... I'm going to be a nut case when we have kids...ah.... What a tuff little guy though :) I'll call ya sometime to chat!!! Love ya

Liz said...

Thats what we get with having boys. I always freak out when chan gets hurt, so your completely normal to freak out. I thought i was goona throw up when chan got taken out by a boulder, and hurt his leg. It was bleeding and he wouldn't walk on it forever. Thought i would die! Zoo in a week or so! Let's get lots of us to go! anyone who is up to it is invited!

Unknown said...

thnx for helping me with my blogspot and i like my back ground right now but thnxs for offering. love ya

Mark and Michal said...

I don't know if I am ready to be a mom- my puppy is trouble enough!

Hannah Ashmore said...

You have been tagged. Love ya.

Heather Harper said...

Karen, you crack me up! Weird to say, I know, since this story wasn't at all funny. But I can just imagine you freaking out and kind of laughing at the same time.
I was soooo glad to see a picture of a room with toys sprawled out all over the floor. I feel like with two boys that my house is never clean and I'm playing referee all day long. Glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with crazy, INSANE boys!!
Being a mom is great, isn't it?!? I can't WAIT for the day Braden goes to preschool and there is some quiet and organization again in my life!
I hope your boys are okay.