CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Halloween at Disneyland



Sunday, March 16, 2008

To Nic






In all my obsessive blog mania, I made a big uh-oh and hardly even mentioned old whats his name...you know, my husband! Well, Nic and I have a funny story. We met during the olympics at a very high class, no riff raff kind of a place. It was called club Splash. A very respectable establishment, rest assured. No hanky panky. Nic's best friend was on the US bobsledding team and one of my friends was dating a bobsledder from like...somewhere. So, we both got into all the vip parties and venues and stuff. It was way cool. But Nic was dating some crazy ugly girl (did I just say that out loud just now?) and I had some mad man coming in my house while I was out all night and waiting for me to come home with my scriptures laid across his chest. That sweaty toothed madman woke up my pregnant friend to go on a frantic search for me anytime I dodged his calls. Anyways, neither Nic or I was lookin for love. But as time went by and we kept meeting up, we did find love. We had the most beautiful wedding on the hottest day in history. It was magical. Looking back now, we seem like little dumb kids who had no idea what they were getting into...but I'm glad we did. Life throws us some curveballs, but we always make it through. Nic especially has been given some really excruciating trials recently and has been so strong. I just keep thinking God must have big plans for him to give him such hard trials to prepare him. We have such an awesome life, nothing is ever quite done and we are usually a big old mess but I love it. I love my cute little family. I love Nic for putting up with me, and for always cheering me up when I am sick. He never gives up on me. Nic is a good man, he is a good husband and father. He works so hard and is always so positive and happy....everybody loves Nic. Especially me.

3 comments:

Heather Harper said...

Karen! I've randomly thought about you and for some reason clicked on "My three boys," from Ashlee's blog when I went to write a comment. Here you are! Remember me? You're gorgeous, your boys are HOT, and you look like you're lovin life. :)
Keep in touch, k? I'm gonna add you to my friends list so I can keep checking up on you. I want to see how your family pictures turn out!! LOL! I don't dare try w/my 2 boys.
Take care!

Liz said...

I don't love nic! JUst kidding Nic you are my favorite. I love you guys, and I'm glad i was mentioned in your love story! first date being the birth of my child! HA HA! lets play soon

Tiffany said...

So, this blogging world is huge. I have reconnected with so many friends that I never would have run into otherwise. It's awesome!!! You look great and your boys are adorable! Where are y'all living? My husband and I are still in Utah just working and playing!!! Keep in touch! Oh and I love your wallpaper for your blog page. Where did you get it? I'm still an idiot when it comes to really blogging and making it cute.